Long Days, Short Years
- My name is Jessica and I am a Christian
- Lazy Days of Summer
- Little Sister and her Four Oblivious Family Members
- Happy Birthday Long Days, Short Years!
- Dream Big
- What's Margo's age again?
- Sleep habits of zombie toddlers
- Isaac is fine but my cardio suffered
- My husband and Ryan Gosling's Abs
- Dead car batteries, killjoy
- An example of light | Long Days, Short Years on How is my light spent?
- Know what you want | Long Days, Short Years on Technology isn’t all bad
- Know what you want | Long Days, Short Years on Apple Picking with kids
- We are where we are | Long Days, Short Years on Death march on the island
- Space to Grow | Long Days, Short Years on Work from Rest
Category Archives: Parenting/Kids
A Facebook friend posted a link to an article about Gen X-ers parenting in the age of technology. It is a great article and describes the tension parents today feel between what is available and what kids are ready for. … Continue reading
Kids need to see adults reading as much as they get read to. Continue reading
I am a former children’s librarian, which means books are shoved in every room of our house and we visit the library every week to stock up on new titles. Every day we make space for reading because hearing books … Continue reading
Sometimes we parents make too much of a good thing. We love our kids a lot, and want to make everyday special. Those are just your normal days. And like everything else, when it comes to kid birthdays, parents outdo … Continue reading
Do you rest from work, or work from rest? That is a phrase I heard last night and I can’t shake it from my head. It is counter cultural. It means that when we rest, we are able to work … Continue reading
My husband joked, I should add a poop joke to the post. Cause this shit is about to get real. He’s probably right, and it’s too much for a Wednesday afternoon in July from a parenting blog. But I gotta … Continue reading